Test your knowledge of all things fruity with our fun fruit quiz complete with questions and answers. Interesting and curious trivia about fruit combined to make you say, ‘Really? I didn’t know that!’
Amaze your friends at the next quiz night with your fruit-filled quiz knowledge. And some of the facts you’ll discover may surprise you. Whether it’s the water content of a melon, the state fruit of Ohio or the fruit whose leaves are used in a fertility rite, we have the facts. All you have to do is work out which one’s the right answer.
And did you know that there’s a museum in Belgium dedicated to – ah, wait, you’ll have to work it out for yourself! Our fruit trivia questions will challenge your knowledge of fruit facts.
Fruit Quiz Questions & Answers
1. Where was the kiwi fruit first grown?
a) New Zealand
2. Which fruit has the highest oil content?
3. What percentage of the watermelon is water?
4. The flower of the cherry tree is the national symbol of which country?
5. Apple pips contain:
b) Vitamin H
6. Every year there are, on average, how many banana-related accidents?
7. Chinese Gooseberry is another name for:
8. In the Hindu culture, the leaves of which fruit are hung at weddings to ensure fertility?
9. Papain is a natural digestive aid that is found naturally in:
10. There is a museum in Belgium dedicated to:
b) Detective Poirot
11. The only fruit to have seeds on the outside is:
12. Because it has a high quercitin content this fruit may help relieve hayfever:
13. A loganberry is a cross between a blackberry and a:
14. According to American research, which fruit is No. 1 when it comes to antioxidants?
15. In January 2009, what was named as the state fruit of Ohio?
c) Paw paw
16. The fruit of the physalis plant is also known as:
d) Cape gooseberry
17. Kumquat is Chinese for:
a) Gold orange
b) Green orange
18. In Greek mythology, in the stories of Persephone, what is said to be the fruit of the underworld?
19. Which of these fruits is not native to North America?
20. The stones from which fruit were once used in bed-warming pans?
21.Dame Nellie Melba, a famous Australian opera singer, had a fruity dessert named after her; which fruit is used in the making of it?
22. What is a nectarine? Is it:
a) A cross between a peach and a plum
b) A cross between an an apple and a peach
c) A type of peach
d) A type of orange
23. There is a fruit juice that can increase the potency of some medication, even causing an overdose. Which fruit juice is this?
24. And finally, if you have 4 bananas in one hand and 5 mangoes in the other, what do you have?
Fruit Quiz Answers
1) China, 2) olive, 3) 92%, 4) China, 5) cyanide, 6) 300, 7) kiwi, 8) mango, 9) papaya, 10) strawberries, 11) strawberry, 12) raspberry, 13) raspberry, 14) blueberry, 15) Cranberry, 16) Cape gooseberry, 17) gold orange, 18) pomegranate, 19) apple, 20) cherry, 21) peach, 22) a type of peach, 23) grapefruit, 24) big hands!